CIBSE Certification CPD
CIBSE Certification registrants are widely recognised as experienced and highly competent in their field of expertise. In order to maintain and enhance their professionalism CIBSE LCCs and LCEAs are required to carry out 21 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activity every year.
The scheme requirement for CPD is to carry out the full 21 hours of CPD activity within the calendar year (January to December). LCEAs are also required to ensure that a minimum of 10 hours per year of CPD activity is relevant for the strand they have applied for, and 5 additional hours for each additional strand thereafter.
For full information on the CPD requirements and procedures, please click here: Download CPD Requirements CCP111
For guidance on completing a compliant CPD record on your MYCIBSE Profile, please click here: Download CPD Instructions
CPD needs to be identified and recorded using the following categories below:
- Assisting and supporting others
- Open/distance learning that is not assessed and that does not lead to a qualification
- Reading professional/technical journals, books and other publications
- Relevant aspects of on-the-job training where specific learning objectives have been identified and planned (possibly from annual development planning and appraisal)
- Conference and exhibition attendance
- E-learning without assessment
- Informal professional body meetings of a more social nature (networking opportunities)
- Non-interactive lectures, talks etc.
- Other institution technical meetings
- Presentations and workshops
- Research preparation and first delivery of lectures/courses
- Writing and/or publishing of papers and articles
Any training taken through CIBSE Professional Learning or Mid-Career College will be automatically entered on your electronic CPD record.
- Academic studies
- Active participation in the development of standards forms of open/distance learning that involve assessment and result in a qualification
- E-learning with assessment
- Interactive and highly participative training courses and seminars
- Low Carbon courses
- Professional body meetings with formal lectures
To update your CPD record login to the MyCIBSE portal
For details of CPD courses especially developed for LCEAs and Air Conditioning Inspectors click here
The basis of Continuing Professional Development is that whilst CIBSE Certification registrants have undertaken examinations to demonstrate their competence, even those that have a high level of knowledge need to keep abreast of new and improved technologies and methodologies that are always being developed and introduced, CPD is a requirement for all schemes.
CIBSE Certification will accept CPD carried out to satisfy the requirements of other professional bodies so long as the CPD is demonstrated as being relevant to the Scheme that you are certified for.
We accept CPD that is acquired both informally (e.g. reading and self-study) and formally (e.g. classroom training).
You will be sent a reminder about updating your CPD record when you renew your registration each September and you have until the end of December each year to update your records.
CIBSE Certification is required to carry out annual audits of CPD reocords to ensure registrants comply with the above, anyone audited that does not meet the necessary requirements may be suspended or withdrawn from the Scheme.