Transfer Route for Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
CIBSE Certification accepts applications made by applicants who are already certified via the APEL route with another certification body. CIBSE Certification aim to provide applicants with a straight- forward transition to certification as an LCEA/LCC by offering a transfer route.
Application - What’s involved?
Applicants will need to demonstrate their competence and submit evidence to CIBSE Certification who will assess the information provided by the applicant to enable the applicant to become certified with the scheme.
Download Transfer Route Application Forms here
- All applicants must complete the Transfer Route application form and sign the declaration (CCF380)
- All applicants must read all of the scheme documentation and sign the CIBSE Certification Code of Conduct (CCMP006). Please see below:
- Scheme Description Document (CCSDD 201)
- Terms and Conditions (CCMP 002)
- Code of Conduct (CCMP 006)
- Disputes and Complaints procedure (CCP 101)
- CPD for the Low Carbon Consultants Register (CCP 111)
- Suspension, Withdrawal and other changes to certification status (CCP 136)
(2MB zip file)
Please email completed applications and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a member of the Certification team for further information on 020 8772 3649.
All applicants will need to answer the following questions on the application form (CCF380) and provide evidence as necessary. This information will be checked by CIBSE certification:
- Name of certification scheme you are currently registered with and number.
- Have you ever been revoked by another certification scheme? If Yes, please provide details.
- Have you ever been or are you currently suspended from another certification scheme? If Yes, please provide details.
- Declaration from current Certification body confirming that you have been certified via the APEL (Approval of Prior Experiential Learning) route with them.
- Please provide one RRN number of a certificate you have lodged in the last 2 years.
- All applicants need to provide a passport style photograph (taken on a light background) and saved in jpeg format.
- All applicants need to provide a colour copy of your passport, photo driving licence or government issued identity card.
- All applicants need to provide a copy of their employer's Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) certificate. The certificate should hold the following information - policy start and end dates even if it is a continual policy, policy number, insurer, indemnity amount. Minimum requirement for Indemnity for EPCs is £250,000.
- All applicants need to provide a copy of their employer's Public Liability Insurance (PLI) certificate. The certificate should hold the following information - policy start and end dates even if it is a continual policy, policy number, insurer, indemnity amount. Minimum requirement for indemnity for EPC is £1,000,000.00.
6. CPD – Continual Professional Development
- All applicants need to pass the LCC examination, to enable entrance on to the LCC register.
- All applicants applying for EPCs will need to provide Certification with a copy of their relevant software certificate (if available) from their preferred software provider.
7. QA – Quality Assurance Audits
- It is a condition of certification that you provide evidence of on-going learning. Please complete your CPD online at www.cibsecpd.org.uk. This will be examined upon application and whenever you seek to renew your certification.
- All applicants must keep their CPD up to date with the Schemes CPD requirements once fully registered.
8. Costs Involved
- As set out in the DCLG Scheme Operating Requirements all registered assessors must comply with all QA audit requests, processes and procedures.
- For EPC applicants the Low Carbon Consultants exam must be successfully completed for entry on to the Low Carbon Consultants register. Training is not mandatory but recommended.
For available course dates please refer to the CIBSE Training website
or contact the Training department on 0208 772 3672.
2 Day Training and Exam Fee:
CIBSE Members: £580 + VAT.
CIBSE non-members: £645 + VAT.
Discounts apply if completing one day or exam only. For more information contact CIBSE Training on 020 8772 3616 or email email@example.com
There is NO assessment fee.
The annual registration fee for the LCEA register is £300 + VAT pro rata based on the registration year which runs from September of each year.