Transfer Route for Air Conditioning Inspectors
CIBSE Certification accepts applications made by applicants who are already certified via the APEL route with another Certification body. CIBSE certification aim to provide applicants with a straight- forward transition to certification as an LCEA/LCC by offering a transfer route.
Application - What’s involved?
Applicants will need to demonstrate their competence and submit evidence to the scheme. The scheme shall assess the information provided by the applicant to enable the applicant to become certified with the scheme.
Download Transfer Application Pack
- All applicants must complete the Transfer Route application form and sign the declaration (CCF380).
- All applicants must read all of the scheme documentation and sign the CIBSE Code of Conduct (CCMP006) Please see below:
- Scheme Description Document (CCSDD 201).
- Terms and Conditions (CCMP 002).
- Code of Conduct (CCMP 006)
- Disputes and Complaints procedure (CCP 101).
- CPD for the Low Carbon Consultants Register (CCP 111).
- Suspension, Withdrawal and other changes to certification status (CCP 136)
(1 MB zip file)
Please email completed applications and supporting documentation to email@example.com or contact a member of the Certification team for further information on 0208 772 3649.
All applicants will need to answer the following questions on the application form (CCF380) and provide evidence as necessary. This information will be checked by CIBSE certification:
- Name of Certification scheme you are currently registered with.
- Have you ever been revoked by another Certification scheme? If Yes, please provide details.
- Have you ever been or are you currently suspended from another Certification scheme? If Yes, please provide details.
- Declaration from current Certification body confirming that you have been certified via the APEL (Approval of Prior Experiential Learning) route with them.
- Please provide one RRN number of a certificate you have lodged in the last 2 years.
- AC RRN:
- All applicants need to provide a passport style photograph (taken on a light background) saved in Jpeg format.
- All applicants need to provide a colour copy of your passport, photo driving licence or government issued identity card.
- All applicants need to provide a copy of PII certificate – (Professional Indemnity Insurance) the certificate should hold the following information (start date and end date even if it is a continual policy, policy number, insurer, indemnity amount). (Minimum requirement for Indemnity for A/C Level 4 is £500,000).(Minimum requirement for Indemnity for A/C Level 3 is £50,000).
- All applicants need to provide a copy of PLI certificate – (Public Liability Insurance) the certificate should hold the following information (start date and end date even if it is a continual policy, policy number, insurer, indemnity amount). (Minimum requirement for indemnity for A/C is £1,000,000.00).
6. CPD – Continual Professional Development
- There is no A/C examination however, Part L 2013 update examination is a mandatory requirement of the Air Conditioning certification. If you have not passed a LCC/LCEA exam since April 2014 you will be required to take the online Part L 2013 exam which you can book here
7. QA – Quality Assurance Audits
- It is a condition of certification that you provide evidence of on-going learning. Please complete your CPD online at https://cibse.force.com. This will be examined upon application and whenever you seek to renew your certification.
- All applicants need to provide CPD (minimum 21 hours of CPD activity per year) this will be continually monitored by the scheme, the applicant must keep up to date with the schemes CPD requirements on becoming a certified assessor.
8. Costs Involved
- All applicants will be Quality Assurance checked as a certified assessor as set out in the DCLG scheme operating requirements all applicants must also comply with the QA audit requests, processes and procedures as part of becoming a certified assessor.
For available course dates please refer to the CIBSE Training website
or contact training on 020 8772 3672.
CIBSE Members: £265 + VAT
CIBSE non- members: £285 + VAT
There is NO assessment fee.
The annual registration fee for the LCEA register is £315 + VAT pro rata based on the registration year which runs from September of each year.