Welcome to the June edition of the CIBSE Certification newsletter.
ESOS Newsletter Issue 12 - May 2023 - Phase 3 qualification, notification and compliance
Environment Agency – Newsletter Issue 12
The Environment Agency have now released their latest newsletter. This answers a lot of questions we have been seeing from our registrants.
The changes set out in the government response for Phase 3 are:
- Requirement for a summary template to include compliance information in the ESOS report
- Requirement to submit additional data in the compliance notification (as set out in Annex A)
- Requirement to include an energy intensity metric in ESOS reports
- A change to the de minimis exemption so that participants’ Significant Energy Consumption covers at least 95% of their Total Energy Consumption (as compared to 90% in Phase 2)
- Requirement for ESOS reports to provide more information on next steps for implementing recommendations
- Requirement for participants to set a target or action plan following the Phase 3 compliance deadline, on which they will be required to report against annually
- Requirement to share ESOS reports with subsidiaries
You can read the full newsletter online, along with the appendix.
CIBSE Certification logos
A reminder that the CIBSE Certification logos must only be used by those currently registered with CIBSE Certification.
Also, many of you are still using logos that no longer exist.
The logos can be uploaded on your company website if you have CIBSE Certification registered LCCs, LCEAs, ESOS Lead Assessors and Heat Networks Consultants, but they must only be in email signatures by those that are registered with their registration number displayed underneath the logo.
The marketing toolkits contain the logos and guidance on their use. Please ensure you adhere to the requirements as we will contact you if the logos are misused, and further action may be taken if corrective actions have not been addressed.
LCEAs can download the LCEA and LCC marketing toolkits from the Lodgement Portal. All other LCCs, ESOS LAs and Heat Networks Consultants can request them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
DLUHC Audit – April 2023
We are pleased to announce that once again we had a successful audit by DLUHC with the following comments:
"The audit was carried out remotely, and CIBSE Certification was fully cooperative. All team members were helpful and accommodating throughout the audit process."
The overall impression is that the CIBSE Certification scheme is well-structured, with a solid database and ongoing efforts to establish smart rules that could benefit other scheme providers and improve the quality of EPCs. Additionally, CIBSE Certification requires Energy Assessors to register as CIBSE Certification Low Carbon Consultants indicating that their knowledge is at a higher level making them suitable for analysing complex buildings.
New starter in the team
Kerstin Egger has now left CIBSE Certification. If you would like to pass on any leaving messages, please feel free to send these to email@example.com
Cindy Wong has taken over as our administrator. As she settles into the role over the next few months we would kindly ask for your patience and support when wanting requests dealt with. The rest of the team will be on hand and there will be no disruption to service.
Head of CIBSE Certification