Summary of recommended evidence for QA audits of EPCs
Data file and/or software data collection forms, relating to information used by Energy Assessors to calculate an EPC, which allows Scheme QA assessors to assess the accuracy of the EPC against each stage of data entry associated with SBEM or the DSM
Design Floor plan, elevations, sections etc which allows the EPC to be recalculated.
Site notes - paper or electronic file
Recommended photographic and documentary evidence for existing premises (where practical)
- Ariel view of building from Google maps or similar that clearly identifies the building and site layout to confirm orientation
- Evidence in support of activities stipulated within zones
- All external elevations: front, rear and side(s)
- Construction - i.e. cavity or solid wall with presence or not of insulation, all different types covered
- Glazing types, including the g-value (EN ISO 410)
- And shading
- Roof construction and roof lights
- For each HVAC system depending on the system type: 'effective heat generator seasonal efficiency', Generator Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) and generator Nominal Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER), chiller and generator type, heat recovery system, presence of fans and pumps along with pump power and/or SFP, fuel type and controls (including HVAC manufacturer/make model numbers and any third party evidence of calculations).
- Heat/cool emitters within zone/areas
- Controls within zone/areas
- Lighting within zones and controls
- Evidence of LZC technologies and relevant data
- Power factor correction
- Accredited details
- Any other key feature of the building or limitation whose presence or absence may affect the EPC rating or which would be required to support any claim made in the report that could be subsequently queried or be the subject of a complaint
Supplementary calculations undertaken by the assessor
Any other evidence required to justify the suppression or inclusion of additional recommendations
Newly Constructed Building other than a Dwelling
Data file, and/or software data collection forms, relating to information used by an Energy Assessor to calculate an EPC, which allows Scheme QA assessors to assess the accuracy of the EPC against each stage of data entry associated with SBEM or the DSM. The information must allow the Scheme to deduce the software (and version) used to produce the EPC.
AS BUILT CHECKS (Newly Constructed only)
Evidence that the property has been built as per the design:
Details of any supplementary calculations undertaken by the assessor
Any other evidence required to justify the suppression or inclusion of additional recommendations.